Ya’ll know that song “Count On Me” by Whitney Houston? (R.I.P.) Of course you do. It talked about sticking through thick and thin in a friendship that’ll never… what? End, ninjas.
I kinda feel that way when it comes to foolery. Folks that know me always tell me that no matter what, I come through with some type of foolery.
Couuuuuunnnnnt on meee through thiiiiiiick and thin, a foo-luh-reeee that’ll nevvvvver ennnnd!
Anyway, the dopeness known as Tunde told me just that on Twitter (follow him here!) not too long ago. Something not so smile-able was going on in our Twitter timelines (I seriously forgot what… YOLO) and Tunde lamented that he needed some foolery on his timeline at that very moment.
Here I come swooping in like a foolish Mighty Mouse with a link of something silly I had come across and Tunde was all, “I can always count on Cheekie for bringing the foolery.” Ya’ll, I beamed on a balance beam. Because these are the types of things that I want to tell my grandchildren. That I is kind, I is smart, I is foolishly important.
Cut to this week. Ya know, life be funny. Kinda like women be shoppin. Lo and behold*, Tunde became someone to count on for foolery.
It was a Wednesday morning and I was on my way to work via train. As usual, I decided to see what Twitter was up to and I saw Tunde tweet, “this is what i see most mornings as i walk from the train to my building. smh.”
Duh, OF COURSE I had to click that! That was a great sell! And so, I did. The following picture prompted me to completely collapse in mental hysterics, causing me to practically demand Tunde that I use this for Friday Foolery. Since he cool, he said, “cool.”
– What in the five-Boroughs hell???!!!
– First off, I’m mad this dude is a regular. I’m soooo wondering what he be doing there BESIDE winning the contest for Hottest Mess on the Block.
– This joint is seriously like an internet puzzle game called… “Spot a Struggle.”
– Let’s start with that bike. Somewhere, some little girl can’t even ride to the Boys and Girls Club because this dude straight jacked her bike.
– Ya’ll see how he reppin’ Miss Liberty, tho?! YOO ESS AYE!
– Totally got those sandals at a beauty supply house.
– Lemme stop listing stuff for a moment to ask this. New Yorker Pinchers, please learn me something. IS this man an on-the-road novelty store? Because his entire essence is doing the most. Dude look like a struggle rummage sale.
– I see he got Red Bull. Valid. I’d need energy to wear this loud ass get-up too.
– So mad he obviously stole the free tote bag you get with an Elizabeth Arden purchase at Macy’s. Or something. *looks closer* Wait… is that a DIAPER bag?! Someone PLEASE think of the children!!!
– That watch. Every time he come around the city, BLING-BLING occurs.
– He is so serious in his fabulosity. Obviously. Because he even adorned his ride with plastic flowers.
– Is that tied-up belly shirt on some SATIN steez? That thing look a tad shiny.
Ya’ll, I can’t. This is why I love big cities. Things like this happen and you can’t do nothing but side-eye and go about your day because, well, it happens all the time. It be some characters chillin’ round town, I’m tellin’ ya!
Which, by the way, Pinchers… if ya’ll EVER see some hometown madness such as the above, feel free to send it my way. Put on for yo city. Contact me riiiiiiight…. —> here.
And with that, I’m done. Ya’ll can’t blame me! LOL
Have a fab and foolish weekend!
Love ya like NBA fans love alley-oops,