DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE WITH THAT TITLE, DOE?!
So, it’s been quite a while since I posted about my big “Cheekie” chop. Five months, specifically. I figured this was as good as time as any to stroll on by with an update. Either that or I randomly (and recently) took a bunch of pictures of myself and figured I’d share one of ‘em with you and use it as an update on my natural hair journey. It’s a toss-up.
Since that post, my hair has grown a lil’ bit. Hop into my DeLorean as we go 5 months into the future (from the last post):
A few updates since that first foray into natural hair-dom:
– I have YET to kick this hands-in-hair habit. I guess I’m still in the “admit you have a problem” stage because I’m still doing it whilst admitting it. In fact, right after I typed that last sentence, I copped a quick feel of my hurr. *shakes in corner*
– I’ve noticed just how fast hair can grow. Meaning, I didn’t realize just how much growth I’ve had until I actually looked back at former pics from the beginning stages and compared the two. I didn’t think my hair had grown that much UNTIL I saw those older pics. *Looney Tunes wolf eye-pop*
– I’ve noticed that along with my hair change, so has my sense of style. I find myself taking more fashion risks, especially since I’ve gotten the boost in confidence since the cut. And of course, I’m still on my accessory steez.
– Still loving the “I love yo hair, sista!” compliments from men. They still mostly come from panhandlers/homeless men, doe. My ego STILL does a cabbage patch afterward, regardless.
– My fingers are kinda oily now (yes, RAHT NAH) because I keep putting them in my hair and twirling my curls after I finish each update…
– I can’t stop looking at natural hair blogs/Tumblrs for information, new ideas, pictures, videos, kitchen sinks. Ok, that last one isn’t quite true, but kitchen sinks are ALWAYS included in long lists. It’s the law. Or something.
That’s about it so far. So, there ya have it, Pinchers. You likey me picture? Oh! And I do have one question for my natural hair self-named gurus and sista-pinchers:
I feel like I’m now in the “in-between” stage of a teeny-weeny-afro and a big ass afro. Though it’s not as nightmarish as folks have made it seem (via articles I’ve read so far), I am eager to find out if there are any tips on how to make it fresh. Since I’ve gotten some growth, a simple wash-n-go ain’t cuttin’ it for me anymore. At least not all the time. Any hair styling tips?
Thanks in advance! May the good Lawd bless you after you sneeze.
Love ya like Drake loves Cliff Huxtable-esque sweaters,