I remember when I first saw the “You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve?” scene from To Have and Have Not and I also remember a commentator raving about Lauren Bacall’s (who was only 19 years old at the time!) voice. He said it was one of the sexiest scenes in film history, and I have to agree.
Bacall became the epitome of a vixen just by teaching a dude how to whistle. And it was all in her voice. So, when Shonnerz told me I had a Lauren Bacall-esque voice (upon first hearing my speaking voice), I bout to have died. Died, I say!
I’ve always shocked folks once I opened my mouth because my face doesn’t quite match my voice. Because I have a baby doll face, most people expect me to have a “squeaky” voice. So, when the huskiness of my actual voice emits, folks be all… O_O. I think one of my coworkers put it best when she said (about me), “She has the face of a little girl, but the voice of a grown woman.” Pretty much.
About a trillion years ago, a bunch of Tumblr (follow mine here!) members decided to do a Tumblr Accent Challenge. Basically, you had to follow the instructions and record it with audio (bonus points for video, I guess). Long story short, I meant to upload mine, but what had happened was… blahblahfilewastoobigandiwastoolazytodealwiththatblahblah.
So! I decided to share it with ya’ll here!
TUMBLR ACCENT CHALLENGE!!!
- Your name and username.
- Where you’re from.
- Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.
- Do you think you have an accent?
- Be a wizard or a vampire?
- Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
- End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.
Whoop, there it is! —> Cheeks Tumblr Accent Challenge
Pinchers, what do ya’ll think? Do I sound like you imagined me to? Am I the country kneegrow Lauren Bacall? Should I have a side hustle as a call girl like my ratchet friends have suggested? Let your voice be heard! I mean, um… typed? Yeah, that.
Love ya like Scooby Doo loves snacks,