Ah, men. They are the wind beneath my wings. The Y to my X. The ying to my yang. The organ to my organ.
Point is, I want one. Of my very own. There are plenty to choose from, but I’d like just one for me. I ain’t greedy. This is something that is constantly in the back of my mind (it moves to the front during certain times of the month) because despite how content one is with being single and independent, there’s something special about having a mate to turn to. Both figuratively and literally. Rawr.
Earlier this month, I read a post written by my sister from another mister, L Boogie entitled, “5 Reasons I Want A Man.” It was a great post and it surely inspired me to do one of my own. So, I decided to piggyback off her a bit and get on my “putting it out into the universe” steez.
So, the following are 5 (Somewhat Random) Reasons I Want A Man:
1. “I Need Love.” I mean, this may seem like a “duhhhh” reason, but I mean I specifically want affection. I’m a touchy-feely person and it’s the way I show love to the people in my life that I do love (hell, even like). I rarely ever not greet with a hug unless it’s totally inappropriate (such as in an interview* or to someone who has severe OCD or some ish). Basically, I get glee from physical contact, even the slightest bit. So, what would be better than having a dude constantly available to share in this glee with me? Nothing, that’s what. Well, I mean, if I had a bowl of ice cream involved in this, too… bonus points. Oh, and speaking of touching… must note that I love wrestling with boys. Rawr.
2. “The Gift That Keeps On Giving.” Naw, not that one. Definitely not that one. I’m a true Leo in that I’m super generous. Overly so, at times. Like my fellow coworker of the lioness persuasion said, “We love to give, but don’t you dare take.” Beaucoup truth. Anyway, I’m the type that gets more excited about surprising others with great gifts on Christmas/Birthdays/Wednesdays. You know, the kind where one can tell I was listening to them. And of course, I don’t even need to mention how much I’d adore receiving the same type of gift (which, I just did mention it), but I seriously do think the look on his face is worth every dayum thing.
3. “Oh! The Places [We'll] Go.” One common known thing about having a mate (especially one you’re married to) is that having one gives you a going-out buddy, by default. It definitely makes the search for an event buddy less of a hassle. When I can’t find someone to go somewhere with me, I’m not the type who is against going alone and I surely enjoy company in its own merit, but there is something special about being next to the person you enjoy (in your heart) while experiencing something you enjoy. Even the simplest places such as walking along the lakefront. With a man that I adore? Would all of a sudden be extraordinary.
4. “Just Look Over Your Shoulder(s), Honey. I’ll Be There!” Simply put: support. I’m the type of person to push someone else even more than I push myself (something I need to work on a bit, honestly), so I thrive on being my guy’s biggest cheerleader. In fact, you know I love you when I support your dreams to the fullest. There’s nothing much sexier than a man with drive/passion, so I have no problem pushing him even further. On the flip side, I yearn for that support of my own dreams as well. And while I have several people in my life that support me no matter what and am appreciative of that, there is something… different about a man that loves me (in that way) being by my side. Can’t really explain exactly how different, but ya’ll know what I’m talmbout. It’s just a different feeling, I guess.
5. “Round 1. Fight!” Ok, so this may seem slightly crazy (which I am, slightly), but I certainly don’t mean I yearn for full-out brawls. I mean, more so… the good-natured banter type ish. For some reason, I get off on that back-and-forth with a man. The witty insults, the sarcastic jabs… all’at. Even more so when I’m attracted to him and/or he’s my man. To have that type of communication constantly? With the dude of my desire (and I, his desire)? *swoonage*
Yup, definitely want all of this in my life. Bonus life points if it comes in the form of a Boris or an Idris.
Pinchers, do you want a mate? And if so, why? Like, have you specifically considered why you’d want one? For my taken Pinchers out there, what about having a mate do you appreciate? Let’s get all lovey-dovey up in here. Orgy swag.
Love ya like Sade loves making babymaking music,