Yes, I said, “The List of Buckets.” I’d like my Bucket List to be a tad more legendary than the average Jane, thanks.
For those of you that live under a rock’s pet rock, a Bucket List is a list of things you want and/or plan to experience before you kick the (proverbial) bucket. WHY a bucket was ever likened to death is beyond me (and I’m too lazy to Wikipedia it; knowing this information is obviously NOT on my bucket list), but it is what it is. Because I’m a dramatic creature, I’d wager that I’d crane-kick my bucket. And yes, Mr. Miyagi, (RIP) will give a wise head-nod, expressing his approval.
Discussing death has never been nor will ever be an easy task. But, the concept of bucket lists has always fascinated me because even though it does acknowledge the thing we don’t wanna acknowledge, the fact that it is immersed with hope makes it okay. It gives us something to strive toward. To be our most adventurous and lively self. Basically, it gives us a nudge to actually live the life that mortality tells us isn’t forever.
So, what’s on my bucket list? I cannot eeeeeeeem share my entire list here because it’s so long (much like my infamous t-shirt idea list), but I’ll definitely share some of the highlights. Well, firstly, lemme be honest. I don’t actually have one. Written down, that is. Also like the aforementioned (and parenthesized) t-shirt list. I need to change that ASAPtually because I firmly believe in writing down the things you want to manifest in life. Maybe this will be a great start…
– Travel Internationally. I’mma wait while all ya’lls “O_O” faces adjust for a moment. Ok. That’s right, I’ve NEVER been out of the country. Nope, not even Canada. In fact, I had never been on a plane until my early twenties. I JUST recently got my passport and I’ll tell ya why in a hot minute. First, a bit of backstory. My family was never big on travel. We never really had the means to take epic family vacations, especially since most of the time, my mother was struggling as a single parent. We pretty much did the basic Wisconsin Dells trip every now and then. Which, don’t get it twisted, we did it UP at the Dells. Anyhow. While I surely appreciate Mama Cheeks 24/7, I’m not gonna lie and say that I didn’t envy my peers who went to Florida or California. As any kid with big dreams would. However, that has changed. At the end of this month, the fam is descending upon Cancun to celebrate my niece’s high school graduation. And though it’s not THAT far away from the States, I am amped. Ya’ll don’t understand how surreal it was to get my passport in the mail a couple weeks ago. I actually kissed it. Yup, my passport went to first base. And of course, once I start traveling more, I’m gonna get hooked. The travel bug, if you will. Already planning a trip to Toronto for my born day. I have bigger and better destinations on the bucket list as well. I wanna see the world!
– Skydiving. Cliché? Sure. Give two rat’s asses that it is? Not at all. This one is near the top of my list. And I’ve already declared that I’m going to do it before I turn 30. I’ve witnessed many accounts of the skydiving experience, including a detailed play-by-play from MsEsquire as well as an actual self-taped video from Mr. Sanks. My adrenaline is doing the Tootsie Roll just thinking about it. I’ve even drafted a few folks to do it with me should I decide to for a birthday or something. Yes, Mama Cheeks is one of those people. She wild. This WILL happen.
– Disneyworld. You read that right. ME, Disney stan extraordinaire has never stepped foot in the land of Sir Mickey Mouse (Yes, I knighted him. I’m a Leo, thus a queen.). I know! I’m (figuratively) kicking myself in the face just thinking about it. But, yeah, see previous backstory about not traveling. Now ya’ll KNOW I must rectify this sooner than later. Which, I plan to do in the next year, at least. I just want to know the pure bliss of wearing a pair of Mickey Ears. I will surely do a heel-click, a Leiomy-drop, and a Rafiki goon call.
– Win an Oscar. For obvious reasons. I’m a fake starving artist screenwriter. And nothing will please me more than standing on the Kodak Theatre’s stage thanking God, my mama, my family, my friends, the Academy and my 50-lem Hollywood peers… WELL into the wrap-it up music stage while grasping a Best Original Screenplay Academy Award. And if you’re wondering, no, I don’t have my speech written down, but I DO have my opening line locked. Can’t tell ya that one because it’ll lose its sizzle. You’ll hear it on TV, though.
– Pinch Idris Elba’s Cheeks. And. You. Know. This. Mayne.
Well, it’s that time, Pinchers! What is on your bucket list? I’m intrigued! Leggo!
Love ya like Ty loves rollin’ with the homies,