Do you know what today is?
Naw, it has nuffin to do with three R&B Tony’s with various spellings and exclamations marks…
IT’S MY BLOG-AVERSARY!!! *flings rice-sponsored-by-Disney shaped confetti*
That’s right, exactly a year ago today, I wrote my first blog post. You know how 25th anniversary is “silver” and 50th anniversary is “gold?” Well, the first anniversary is “paper.”
Sike! You’d think that would be my reaction, but look at me now. Look at me now. I’m gettin’ paperrrrrr. Pinches all around!
You know when folks tell you that time flies (for example, when your parents tell you how quickly your high school years will go by) and you scoff on some “you need a plethora of people” ish? Well, they right. They always right.
I can’t believe I’ve made it here. I believe in magic, but I can’t believe this. I traveled down the road (from Blogger to WordPress) and back again (this is a lie, didn’t return to Blogger… I ain’t stoopid).
I’m so excited, I could do the Dougie counter-clockwise, transition to face-down-ass-up, then finish it off with a Leiomy-Drop. However, I value nice things such as functional knees so, instead I’ve decided to do a little something else.
So, in celebration of this momentous occasion I’m going to share…
EXCLUSIVE: Random Facts About Me And This Here Blog.
– MY NAME IS MY NAME. So, about the origin. Way back, back into time, I used to frequent AOL Chat. AOL 5.0 up in this piece! Anyway, my screenname on there was MissCheeks84. I came up with that because I was a huge fan of Mr. Cheeks’ “Lights Camera Action” at the time and I figured the name fit me. Let the REH-CORD show that it ain’t because I actually wanted him to be my mister. I want this to be cleared up, because, frankly, he looks like a gnome with indigestion. So, I ran amok all up and through AOL Chat and established an identity for myself. Then, history happened. ‘Cept I don’t know the date. SMH… Black folks. Anywho. Someone up and gave MissCheeks the pet name of “Cheekie”, everyone latched on and thus, it was born. *raises my name into the air and sings “Circle of Life“*
– Can’t really say when I made a conscious decision to start blogging. I mean, my sister and I had the collab blog way back when, but I figured since I was such an active member of the blog community as a commenter, I might as well put my thoughts at my own spot. Especially since, at times, some of my comments could’ve been a damn post. SMH…
– I probably spend way too much time in WordPress’ Dashboard. When I first made the switcheroo, I found myself overly excited about its special features. And I’m still the most excited about one particular feature: “Search Engine Terms.” Basically, it lets you know what folks have searched to eventually lead to your blog/site. Dopeness. Of course, my randomness leads to crazy ones. My favorite search term to date is “illuminatis hanging around in dumpsters.” Jigger WHO?! It only resulted in like a couple of hits, but it’s still the best one. Can’t even describe how loud I guffawed when I first saw it. Oh! And and while we’re on the search term subject… Panama Jackson told me that “cheekie virgin” is VSB’s 120th most popular search term. O__________O
– My blog writing process is something else. First off, I must admit, I put more importance into the title and the post picture than anything else. Turrible. Well, lemme put that another way. I put more thought into the title/pic. It’s not that I don’t care about what happens within the text box, it’s that I do a free-flow with my writing.* But, you’ll see me staring at the computer screen for literally hours trying to come up with a title because I value a title with a bit spunk.
– I’d estimate that about 85% of my post topics come from social network interaction. Especially Gchat. And it usually spawns from random conversation. I’m not gonna name any particular names as to who in Gchat sometimes inspires my topics but, uh… *coughLBoogieAliseMaxMissPattersonSaneNickShonPanamaHumbleStaritaKeishaBrownThatDamnAfricancough* Hmm, looks like I need a cough drop…**
– As of today, my most viewed post of all Kanyeezy time is Friday Foolery: Hit ‘Em With The Dora. LEGGO!
– I’ve never done a guest post before. That seems wrong. Right? *turns to mirror and answers self* Right. The closest thing I’ve done to being featured on another blog is when Max interviewed me on her “Any 10 On Tuesday” series. There are definitely a nice amount of blogs where I’d love to plant my cheeks.
– Listening to people react to my blog is probably one of the most surreal feelings in the world. Max cracking the hell up at one of my posts (which happens to be the most viewed one! ha!) in Miami gave me so much life, I’m reincarnated. Being on the receiving end of folks that I only know via comments tell me in person, “Your Friday Fooleries are gonna get me fired one day!” is definitely one of the most humbling things evah.
Overall, there is no amount of fancy font sizing, bolding, italicizing or underlining that can express my gratitude to you, Pinchers. Without getting too Carl Thomas emotional (I’m a babyfaced thug, ok?!), I really wanna thank ya’ll for reading and I look forward to sharing another pinchable year with ya’ll!
Pinchers, I’ve told you facts about me and PMC, now I wanna know some about you (of which eventually leads back to me… just like a damn Leo). The confetti’d floor is yours! How did you find my blog? What is your fave post? Got any questions for me?
Aight, let’s go get some barbecue and get busy.
Love ya like Nala loves pouncing on Simba,
P.S.S. Pinchers! Come over here for a minute. Closer. *gestures* K. Since we’re in the celebration mood, can you help me possibly celebrate something even bigger? Black Weblog Awards season is here and I had a crazy thought that maybe I should try out for one. It’s nomination time! I got my squinty and hopeful eye on “Best Personal Blog”, “Best Humor Blog”, and/or “Blog to Watch.” Any of those would be splendid! So go here and help turn my rinky-dink blog into an award-winning rinky-dink blog! Grazie, in advance! There are, of course, tons of other blogs that deserve your nomination so get on that, too! Vote or eDie.