I’m tired of arguin’ girl…
Oh, right… it’s time to start the post! Sowwy, got distracted there…
I really cannot believe that 2011 is only a few days away. Time is flying like Superman on Speed. I love this time of year because it allows me to reflect on the year as well as look forward to a fresh start in the upcoming year. You know who else loves this time of year? Fitness centers/gyms. Their membership rates are about to SPIKE. *as it drops again in two months*
Which brings me to my point. Resolutions. It is an age-old concept that is as cliché as a needle chillin’ in a damn haystack. And yet, here I go about to make a list of them. With no apologies. Ay dios mio!
Truth be told, I’ve never actually written/typed a tangible New Year’s Resolutions list. I’ve always embraced the concept, but only in my head. And I’m certainly of the belief that if you write (or type since it’s the future*) something down, it becomes more powerful in terms of manifestation. Annnnnd, that was my Oprah moment of the day. Anyhoot. I’ll probably have more in my official list, but for you guys, I’mma share five. Because that’s a nice number. Or something…
1. To Spice It Up. You know when you get to that point where your life has gotten sorta… routine? That’s where I’ve found myself. And, uh, I wanna get lost again. I mean, certain things are good to keep a routine for like taking regular showers/baths. But for others? Well, your life can become boring and boredom in Cheekietopia is illegal. I am committing a crime. So in 2011, I want to do a few things I never would’ve thought of doing before. Or even things I’ve always wanted to do but never took the chance. First on that list? Take a pole-dancing class. I’ve been wanting to do that for THEE LONGEST and I declare that two-aught-one-one will be the year I drop it like it’s sizzling via skrippah pole.**
2. To Explore. One thing I didn’t get to experience that much earlier in life was traveling. My family wasn’t the type to go to Disney World*** or road trips because I had a struggling and hardworking single mom and we just never really had the funds to do that. However, as I’ve gotten older and maintained more of a sense of independence and comfort with my finances, I’ve been eager to travel more and more. For ONE, I’ve never been out of the country. Which will change in 2011 as we’re planning an EPIC cruise to [insert some Caribbean Island-y place that has yet to be fully determined here] in honor of my niece’s high school graduation. (Lawdt, they grow up so fast! *sniff*) And I also have other smaller trips in the works, so 2011 will feature me being a travelin’ fool.
3. To Expose The Heart. No, my resolution doesn’t involve performing open heart surgery or anything, I’m talkin’ in more of a figurative sense. Meaning, opening my heart to love. It’s been closed effectively for a while now (details on the why to come sometime in the near future) and I’m starting to learn how to really let love in. It’s funny because I often lament my lack of it (aside from family/friends, of course), but just as those who practice the art of Feng Shui believe, I have to make room for it. And I believe that in every sense of the phrase.
4. To Honor My Body. No, not in THAT way, you naughty minx. I do that just fine, merci beaucoup. I’m talmbout in terms of taking care of my body. I’ve realized that I’ve been dedicating my time to everyone and everything else but myself. And sure, it’s normal to gain that extra weight around the holidays (unless no one in yo family can cook, including you) but I’ve been lax in truly taking care of my body for a while now and that ain’t cool in my book. I want to get back to exercising regularly as well as NOT overindulging in every sweet thang (the sugary variety, not the man-meat variety) I see. And I can take cues from numero uno up there and take a cool dance class to enhance the cardio in a more fun way. And I know I’mma bout to sound like an annoyingly chipper testimonial character on a fitness commercial, but I seriously feel better when I do these things. And feeling better is dopeness.
5. To Do The Write Thing. Last, but certainly not least. I need to get on a writing grind. Sure, I’m writing NOW, but blog writing is easier than the writing that I want to do as a career: screenwriting. Man, as much as I LOVE it, it is A JOB. In addition to the day job that gives me shelter, food, and handbags! There is a lot of hard work involved, but I would be lying if I said that typing “FADE OUT” at the end of a script doesn’t make it all worth it and more. Because, lawdhamercy, it does. And I want that feeling again… steadily. So, back to true and disciplined hard work I go!
2011, I’m ready fo’ yo ass.
Pinchers, assuming that you seriously believe in making them, what are some of your New Year’s resolutions? For those who think they are hogwash, got any concrete plans for the New Year? Care Bear Share.
Love ya like 2010 loved when rappers taught the world some obscure dance routine,
P.S. Remember, Pincheeees, no post this Friday. This is my last post of 2010. I’ll be back next Monday to kick off the new year! *end of 2010-edition pinch*