I got something to say.
I was am was am a Dawson’s Creek stan. There are certain things about the show that’ll always remain in my heart. The Pacey/Joey epic love (STFU, Dawson/Joey folks), Joshua Jackson’s sizzling hot piece of arse, the obnoxious yet helpful vocabulary-rich dialogue and, of course…this:
The sheer clusterfuckery of this cry coupled with the fact that I could not STAND Dawson at this point in the series is why I collapsed into a fit of giggles instead of saying “aw” like I was probably supposed to. Sure, he gave up his “soulmate” (*gag*) for the greater good, but… that face, though.
Television Without Pity (TWoP) cleverly dubbed this cry the “I Ate Poo” Face within its Dawson’s Creek recaps. Meaning, his face crumbled up in an expression resembling someone who had just eaten a spoonful of feces. Perfect.
Dawson’s cry first appeared on my TV screen roughly ten years ago and it still has an impact on my ratchet life. I always cite this cry as the worst cry in the history of Tears for Fears. And ya’ll know I’ve seen some horrible cry-fits. Because I still kinda hate Dawson (despite the show being over for years and Pacey/Joey fans WON, booyah), I’m going to continue in my long-standing mockery of him and list…
Other Hypothetical Situations That Dawson’s Cry Resembles.
– Otis Williams, after running to the bathroom when David Ruffin exclaimed, “Ain’t nobody comin’ to see you, Otis!” (I’m thinking this deleted scene will be in the BluRay version of The Temptations, no?)
– The Bed Intruder, when he realized that attempting to snatch your people up didn’t win him an iTunes song and/or ringtone.
– Oprah, whenever she’s showing any emotion whatsoever.
– Windows Vista, when it realized it was the forgotten fugly ex of Microsoft.
– The mirror that has to stare at Flava Flav everyday for a living.
– Anyone within at least a 10 mile radius of a bowl of hot and fresh chitlins.
I’m just gonna stop there, because if ya’ll allow me to keep going? Well, I just might have to do some extra repenting tonight. And I’m not trying to go into the weekend all sully with heathenism. I’m completely fine exiting the weekend that way, however.
Pinchers, be a fool dear and tell me what does Dawson’s cry remind you of? Participation is admirable. Especially when it comes to foolery. Bring your A-Game! Or uh…F-Game? o_O
Have a fabulously foolish Friday! Alliteration, bishes.
Love ya like Kanye Titter loves to LOCK CAPS,